Under the Hill wins Best SF/F at the Swirl Awards

fantasy

Which is very cool as I didn’t actually remember entering :)

~*~*~*~

In other news, I apologise for the fading out of everything, blogging, writing, everything. I am gradually getting better after the whole “is it a heart attack? Is it a duodenal ulcer? How many blood tests can one person give without needing a transfusion?” thing, but it’s still a slow process, and they still don’t know exactly what it is.

I will, however, finally do the draw for the hop against homophobia and transphobia winner this week, sorry about the delay!

Comments (8)

Charley DescoteauxJune 18th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Congratulations, Alex!
Glad you’re feeling better too. :)

CarolynJune 18th, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Congratulations on the award, and so nice to see you posting again! I have missed seeing you around, but even more so because I worried that it meant you weren’t feeling well. Of course, we all would rather have you recover fully than feel pressured by any of us who delight in what you share. So, I hope you’ll keep on the road to recovery and stay off the (can you believe we used to call it this?) the information superhighway (and how cheesy that I just used it, too!) as long as you need to. Take care!

Alex BeecroftJune 19th, 2013 at 9:41 am

Thanks Charley :) It’s a slow improvement but over the last month it’s a definite one. I should be able to start writing for real again soon :)

Alex BeecroftJune 19th, 2013 at 9:45 am

Thank you, Carolyn! It’s been good to have the rest but I have felt a bit cut off from everyone. It’s nice to touch back in and know that you noticed I was gone. Thank you!

I’m still taking it easy, and will probably be cutting back to weekly blogging, if I even decide to go that far. Obviously the combination of writing 3,000 words a day and a blog post too is not sustainable for me, so the blog is the thing that ought to go.

It’s lovely to hear from you, and I’m very touched that you care. Thank you!

HJJune 19th, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Congratulations!! So sorry that you’re still feeling ill, and that they haven’y been able to diagnose the problem yet. You have been missed!

Take care.

Alex BeecroftJune 20th, 2013 at 9:51 am

Thanks HJ :) Well, I can feel myself winding up again to get back to normal. Although this is bad timing, just as the summer holidays are about to start! I don’t know why schools have such ridiculously long holidays, but it’s not very considerate on the rest of us ;)

ElinJune 25th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

O wat super news!! Congratulations. ope you feel better soon *ugs*

Alex BeecroftJune 26th, 2013 at 7:20 am

Thanks Elin! I’m definitely coming along now. Whatever it was (they never found out) seems to be on its way out now.